EU Settlement Scheme Outreach Services
The EU Settlement was opened fully from the end of March 2019 for EU citizens to apply online for settled or pre-settled status dependent on the number of years of residency in the UK. The government has offered a range of support, to help people apply, including digital assistance services and ID checking.
Leeds City Council Customer Access Service have signed up to provide digital assistance and ID Scanning through 5 of their community hubs.
- Merrion House (Monday – Friday 9am – 12pm by appointment)
- Reginald Centre (Tuesday 9am – 12pm by appointment)
- Dewsbury Road (Thursdays 9am – 12pm by appointment)
- Armley (Mondays 10am – 12pm by appointment)
- Compton Centre (Thursdays 9am – 12pm by appointment)
More details of the Council’s offer can be found on the following website (https://www.leeds.gov.uk/
In addition, the Council has grant funded the following local VCFS organisations to do Community Outreach aimed at increasing community awareness of the scheme:
- Path Yorkshire
- Baltica Supplementary School
- Polish Catholic Mission
- Settled ( 3 million)
- St Vincents
- Leeds City Council Gypsy Roma Traveller team
The key focus of the activities will be to:
– Raise awareness of EU citizens to the EU Settlement Scheme and how to apply
– Promote using nationally provided communication toolkits to ensure consistency of message
– Provide assistance and signposting to Gov.UK site and to local Council community hubs offering digital assistance and ID checking services
Support to Make an Application to the EUSS
An EU Settlement Scheme Home Office pop up event is being delivered on Wednesday 30th October in two venues in the city.
The pop-up provides an opportunity to access information from the Home Office, ask questions, make an application to the Scheme, as well as find out more about the wider support that is available.
Pop along to the session on Wednesday 30 October 2019:
11:00am-1:30pm Leeds Town Hall, The Headrow, LS1 3AD
2:30pm-5:00pm Shine, 11 Harehills Rd, LS8 5HS
Other Useful Documents
Local information about Brexit and the EU Settlement Scheme is available on the Council’s webpage.