Come along to one of the monthly Information & Assessment days to find out more
If you like working with people, want to make a difference in your community, and have a job that has rewarding long-term prospects then consider a career in social care.
They have exciting opportunities for people aged 16 and over, to join a training programme for new care assistants and support workers, that will lead to the opportunity of permanent job in your local area.
Simply register for your place by contacting:
What is a Care worker?
You will be working directly with people who have different care and support needs and helping with their day-to-day wellbeing.
No two days are the same so how you treat people is as important as your attitudes and values.
What happens on the programme?
- One week of nationally recognised and accredited training achieving CACHE Level 1 award in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- A one week experience placement with local care providers
- References secured and portable DBS funded by Leeds City Council
- Guaranteed interview for a permanent job offer at the end of the programme
On the Information and Assessment day, we will start with a short presentation regarding the programme and the support available.
You will then complete assessments in Maths & English. Following this will be a short values based interview.
Upcoming Assessment Days:
- 12 November 2019, Osmondthorpe Resource Centre
- 10 December 2019, Horsforth Community Hub
- 24 January 2020, Dewsbury Road Community Hub
- 18 February 2020, Osmondthorpe Resource Centre