Leeds Beckett Student’s Union – Opportunity to Become a Community Partner
Leeds Beckett Student’s Union (LBSU) are aiming to create further partnerships with local charities in Leeds, particularly those supporting people with mental health needs, through their Community Partnership scheme.
Community Partner Benefits
- Free website advertisement of volunteering opportunities on LBSU volunteering webpages.
- Promotion of your volunteering opportunities available through course contacts.
- Invitations to attend Freshers & Refreshers to discuss your opportunities directly with students at key events at a discounted rate.
- Free stall booking on Campus available all year round. Guidance and advice can be provided to help you pick the best Campus, time and location for you.
- Free use of LBSU spaces when meeting with students and training student volunteers.
- Discounted cost for using LBSU spaces for corporate events and conferencing
They can also offer tailored support in using their larger spaces for events, including:
- The Stage at their City Campus is a 1100 capacity venue.
- The Stage 2 at their City Campus is a 350 capacity venue.
- They also have bar spaces at both Campuses available.
They have previously arranged fundraising events on campus for various charities. They would be particularly keen to work with partners around dates such as Student Volunteering Week (11 – 17 Feb 2019) and Mental Health Awareness Week (13 – 19 May 2019).
LBSU are happy to support, advertise, offer space, recruit volunteers and help to plan.
So whether prospective Community Partners would like to engage with students and make them aware of services available to them in Leeds, or would simply like FREE space for their projects and events to reduce overheads LBSU can arrange it.
It is free to register as a Community Partner, LBSU will just need to check that organisations have the relevant policies and procedures in place including;
- Equal opportunities policy
- Health & Safety policy
- Public Liability
- Volunteer Role Description.
Find out more
For more information about becoming a Community Partner, please contact Sophie Moody, Volunteering and Community Engagement Coordinator via email@example.com or 0113 81 28450