Forum Central is a member-led network. Our member organisations are vital to the work we do, and we believe in promoting our members’ work as well as bringing people together, sharing information, and creating networking opportunities.
Forum Central is a partnership of three organisations, each a registered charity:
- Tenfold (learning disabilities)
- PSI-Volition (mental health and physical and sensory impairment)
- Leeds Older People’s Forum (older people)
If your organisation becomes a member of one the partner charities, then you will also become a member of Forum Central.
Your organisation doesn’t have to work in one of these specialist areas to join us. We’re the health and social care network, so we support the whole of the health and care third sector in Leeds.
Membership of Forum Central means:
- News and information by email and e-bulletins
- Notifications of developments and changes which may affect your organisation’s services
- A central point of contact for queries, signposting and information
- A channel to contribute your views to citywide planning and strategic structures
- Invitations to members’ meetings to discuss topics of shared interest
- Free events on important issues affecting the sector
- Opportunities to promote your organisation and its services, including featuring news, events, jobs and volunteer opportunities on this website
- The chance for your organisation to be involved in our work, events and training
Forum Central is the third sector health and social care network for Leeds, so member organisations are:
- Third sector (constituted, often charitable status, not for profit) organisations, voluntary organisations or community groups
- Involved in health, care or wellbeing in some way, from advocacy to arts projects, carer support to community centres, healthy living to housing. Take a look at our list of members to see the sorts of organisations that already benefit from Forum Central membership
- Offering services to people in Leeds. Many of our members are local services, some are national organisations with a local group, and some are based locally but offer services in Leeds and beyond
Membership of Tenfold and PSI-Volition is free. Please contact us to find out more.
If your organisation offers services to older people, you might be interested in applying specifically to Leeds Older People’s Forum (LOPF). Being a member of LOPF means you’ll still be a member of Forum Central, but there are added benefits, including:
- Campaigns groups
- Annual Neighbourhood Network Scheme conference (Neighbourhood Networks only)
- Member representatives opportunities
- Voting rights and opportunities to stand for election to the committee.
Membership for LOPF costs £20.00 per year (from 1st April) for organisations with a paid worker, or £7.50 per year for organisations without a paid worker.