Let’s talk about ageism is the first key message of Age Proud Leeds, the city-wide campaign to raise awareness of ageism and change negative attitudes about ageing and older people.
Please share news and information about Age Proud Leeds within your organization – both with staff and volunteers, and with older people you work with, through your newsletters, social media and groups.
- Have a chat with someone you know – a friend, family member or work colleague – about ageism. You could read our resources Challenging ageism – top tips and Ageing and ageism in the UK first, or just go for it!
- Use the Age Proud quiz, with friends or work colleagues
- Get in touch with us for an activity pack – we can send you some posters and postcards (on which people can write their thoughts) focused on ‘Let’s talk about ageism’ that you can use with a group of up to about 10 people- email email@example.com
- We’re keen to know what people think. Let us know how you get on – you could tell us who you talked to (such as a friend, or work colleague), how many people, what happened and how you feel about it.
- Sign up to be an Age Friendly Ambassador
Get in touch if you would like some campaign resources to use in your building or with groups – we have posters, flyers and postcards. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us in our campaign to challenge age discrimination.
Age Proud Leeds is led by Leeds Older People’s Forum (as part of the Time to Shine programme) with the Leeds Age Friendly Partnership, Leeds City Council, the NHS in Leeds, and voluntary sector organisations.