The Leeds Digital Festival is a city-wide, open platform celebration of all things digital within Leeds and this year, which is running two weeks from 16th to 27th April 2018.
The fortnight will see over 100 events taking place, celebrating Leeds’ digital community, as well as providing insight, opportunity and inspiration for anyone with an interest in this area.
Of particular interest to health and care professionals are 10 health and wellbeing specific events taking place across the city, featuring local and national experts, interactive sessions and lively debate.
They have been curated by mHabitat with support from the Health Partnerships Team and the Citywide Digital Team. Our city’s Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2016-2021 sets out a clear vision that ‘Leeds will be a healthy and caring city for all ages, where people who are the poorest improve their health the fastest’.
This includes maximising the benefits from information and technology as a key priority. The health and wellbeing strand of the Digital Festival is a celebration of the diverse and innovative work taking place to help us achieve our shared, bold ambition for Leeds to be the best city for health and wellbeing.
See the links below for more details and to book your place via Eventbrite. All the Health and Wellbeing events are free!
- Tuesday 17th April: Digital citizens – the Leeds ambition to be 100% digital (last few tickets remaining)
- Thursday 19th April: Immersive Reality: realising the benefits
- Monday 23rd April: Demonstrating the Open Platform Push and the Person HELD record
- Tuesday 24th April: The adoption challenge – sustainability of health and care technologies (Last few tickets remaining)
- Wednesday 25th April: Robot in the House – what is the future for telehealth and telecare?
- Thursday 26th April: Genomics and personalised medicine – citizen impact and industry opportunity
- Thursday 26th April: Innovation Labs – do they actually work?
- Friday 27th April: ABCD meets Digital