Making Leeds a Beacon City for Positive Mental Health at Work
The Leeds Mindful Employer Network brings local employers together to champion positive mental health at work across the city.
The network is commissioned by Leeds City Council Department of Public Health. It is led by Leeds Mind and delivered in partnership with local employers.
Why does mental health at work matter?
Recent evidence has shown a Return on Investment of £5 for every £1 spent on staff mental health . Fundamentally, it pays to be positive about mental health. Staff who feel happy at work will be more motivated, productive and loyal. They will also be happier at home, with their families and in their communities.
Employers who get it right can expect to see:
- Reduced sickness and better job retention
- Improved outcomes and customer experience
- Increased diversity of staff teams
- Improved reputation and employee engagement
- Compliance with relevant legislation
How can you get involved?
Involvement in the Leeds network is completely free. It is an inclusive and collaborative space welcoming all local employers and their staff: anyone with an interest in improving mental health at work.
Leeds Mindful Employer Network can provide:
- Peer support – quarterly events for networking and sharing good practice
- Support to develop strategies and make changes
- Guidance around signing the Mindful Employer charter and completing the Mindful Employer 10 steps
- Regular newsletters and bulletins
- Signposting to local training, tools and resources
They can help you look at areas such as:
- Developing a healthy workplace culture
- Raising awareness and tackling stigma
- Promoting good mental health and well-being
- Building a mental health strategy or plan
- Improving manager communication and skills
- Increasing employee engagement
- Tracking and monitoring workplace mental health
- Building a case for investment and support
- Embedding good practice and making it sustainable
How to join:
Signing up is easy. Please click on the link below or email: email@example.com